although I don't feel anywhere close to stylish at all.
Especially since I am post-4-wisdom-teeth-removal. Get a load of these cheeks!
I've been dizzy and nauseous from all of these medications I am taking, so there hasn't been any crafting for me, but I received a note from Natalie that I've been nominated for the Stylish Blogger award and I was so honored!
Thank you Natalie! I loved seeing you the other day and am so glad to be able to connect with other local bloggers.
As part of this nomination, I have to share 7 random things about myself. Although I will have to warn you that since I am under the influence of Percocet, I cannot promise a G rated conversation.
1. I love, LOVE handmade things. They make me happy. I have kept everything handmade that has been given to me. I am not much of a collector, nor am I a packrat, so at some point, with all of the moving we do, things store given may find itself in the "giveaway" pile....but handmade stuff - no way.
2. BUT, I do not return gifts. Not even those too small sweaters, or the hat that doesn't fit my head. A gift is a gift, and I chuck those gift receipts.
3. I'm neurotic. Like, Bethanny Frankel neurotic, but quieter. Have you seen Bethanny Frankel on TV? I love her because she is so real. It shocks me that some folks think I'm so calm. I don't think I am. I suppose that's why I write and blog. I must get my wiggles out on the page before I face the world.
Didn't I warn you that Percocet is a-flowing over here? You asked for it.
4. I love love my children. And I enjoy them deeply...and because of this, I can't wait to be a grandmother. I can't wait to have lots and lots of little children calling me Lola, and I can spoil all of them with my cooking.
5. In 6 years or so, when Hubby transitions out of the military, and when we are in the market for our forever home, I want be in an episode of House Hunters. I already have our little bio in my head.
6. I want to learn how to make mixed drinks. Maybe take a bar-tending class. Is there even such a thing? We entertain a bit here at home and I want to be able to just take orders and whip drinks up in a jiffy. How cool would that be?
7. I totally believe that we all get the same amount of love and happiness and good luck. The key is to how to detect it, how to use it, and how to appreciate it.
As part of my nomination, I nominate 6 other bloggers.
1. Julia at Simple Truths. Julia and I went to college together and were co-Resident advisors. We reconnected through Facebook and was thrilled to find out that she blogs and crafts! So much in common! And she is quite a talented lady.
2. Steph at Paisley's Place Quilts. Steph and I have a lot in common too. She is a nurse and a military spouse and quilter. She is wonderful with color!
3. Tia of Campfollower Bags. She too is a nurse and a military spouse, and we were both stationed together in Heidelberg, Germany. Today, not only is she a prolific quilter, but she also makes handmade quilts out of uniforms of military members.
4. Amy of Made During Quiet Time. She had me at the name of her blog. And it's actually amazing what she accomplishes! She makes beautiful quilts and has quite a few helpful tutorials.
5. Laura of My New Blog Journey. Laura is an inspiration! She is a wonderful quilter and just an equally amazing person. Her blog posts are honest and true. And her quilts! You must check her out.
6. Pietra of Homestead Emporium. Pietra is a phenomenal Work at Home Mom. Her blog is a glimpse into her life of being a mom of 7 and an successful entrepreneur. She inspires me to stay productive! She encourages me with her positive outlook.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I was planning on taking an afternoon off to go to the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival, but my cheeks will insist that I stay home, I'm sure. At least I will be pampered by Hubby, who has taken command of this ever-busy home. Thank you, honey!
Take care everyone,