I am thankful this season for:
- My mother ("Lola" - grandmother) who flew across the country to take over and grand sit all 3 of my rambunctious children for a week just so that Hubby and I can house hunt states away .
- Said mother brings a suitcase - a pasalubong - full of Filipino treats sure to teach my children the Culture that makes up half of their DNA. (see flickr for notes as to what makes up these treats)
- That although said treats can be found in local stores here in our Nation's Capital area, they somehow are much tastier because they come from her suitcase.
- That upon our arrival to that Southern soon-to-be-home State, everyone is so gracious and welcoming.
- That the culture in that Southern State is so diverse that all of my fears of my children growing up as different is washed away.
- We met a Realtor that fit our focused needs.
- We found a home that is lovely and quaint.
- That the current owners of said home negotiated so graciously to accommodate us. We were really nice to each other I think.
- Said home is now under contract.
- House hunting gave room for canoodling and other things that the Internet should not read.
- The children are fattened from the week spent with their sweet Lola
- And I can now focus now on eating the pasalubong that is still in our pantry.