The holidays according to this nomadic family:
1. Ornaments and decor don't come from just one store, one city, one state, or one country. We proudly don't match, and each piece tells a story.
2. Cards and pictures are looked forward to and hung, oggled and valued. Your long updates and handwritten notes are welcomed and read aloud.
3. There are always extra chairs for guests and friends, who have become family, even for the short amount of time we've known them.
4. Notes aren't left for Santa necessarily next to the fireplace, because in the seven homes we've lived in, we've realized that Santa finds creative ways into our house.
5. We've put favorite finds in the silliest places. Because the little things will bring the joy when the big things are happening.
6. We're always ready to share a drink to toast our next challenge or adventure.
We hope you had a great Christmas! Happy Holidays!