I've entered a contest called #PitchWars in the hopes of landing a mentor. (read more about it here) Just like it's so important to have great peers in the publication process, mentors are just as critical. As part of the contest, I sent my application to four potential mentors. This post is for them to peek at and determine if I'm their right fit. *crosses fingers*
Something a little about me...
10. I drink coffee like it's going out of style and I'm never around without a mug in my hand. As it is, our mug cupboard is over-full, but if/when I find a cute one, I snatch it up.
9. Because of this caffeine afficionado, I talk fast and doodle anytime I'm in some kind of a meeting. My mind is always on the next thing on my to-do list. And, I'm pretty productive.
8. I've always looked to handwork to slow me down. Knitting, sewing, cross-stitch, cooking. These things take me out of reality, quite literally. This blog is full of these crafty posts, and my basement is equally stuffed with tools, yarn and fabric.
7. Writing keeps me together. I've blogged through deployments and child-rearing. I have journals. My stories have tiny bits of what's challenged and thrilled me.
6. I write for teens, and I write about families and romance with a sweet Happily Ever After (even if it's just a "for now.") My dream is for others to read them. The ultimate? That my children will get to turn my book's pages, and find their names in the acknowledgements.
5. I hustle to make this dream come true very early in the morning (5 am to be exact). Needless to say, I sleep early. At 9pm, I am a complete zombie. I'm not even kidding.
4. I work so early in the morning because, like most writers, I still have a day job, er...what I consider to be one anyway. I'm a mother, a perpetual community volunteer, an Army spouse, and whenever there's even more time, I'm a nurse too. Need to know something? I'm your resource and proud of it -- hooah!
3. Because of #4, I consider myself an introverted extrovert. I love feeling connected to people, and I savor the alone times.
2. Because of #3, I am *never* bored. My friends and family can vouch for this. Their favorite word for me? Busy.
1. Because of #2, I am a loyal #10, and will no doubt #5 until #6.
My time's up and I'm out of numbers! Read more bios here! Good luck to everyone with #PitchWars!