Seven thoughts on the seventh day of the week.
1. This last week has been hotter than Hades. No...hotter than the Philippines! (seriously)
2. This heat confirms once again, that although I was born on a tropical island, I am not acclimated to live on one, or in areas that mimic the weather. Give me snow, please.
3. With that said, did you know that there are still so many people out of power here in the DC area? And some of those who's had power restored, lost it again tonight, when another storm blew through?
4. I thank all of the post-apocalyptic books I have read for my fleeting and expansive imagination, as to what would've happened if an even more devastating event occurred. I mean, we are in the DC area...if everything almost went to sh(& after a derecho, can you just imagine....?
5. It doesn't help that Hubby and I watched reruns of The Walking Dead tonight. THEY. WERE. STILL. AWESOME. But I re-realized I need to learn how to start a fire from scratch. Because when the zombies come, I need to be ready to camp out in the woods.
6. I hate camping. I do. I know I will have to be a good mama and camp with my kids someday. But I don't like bugs, I don't like hunting for the bathroom, and I hate being hot.
7. It's freakin' hotter than Hades right now.